By entering your email, logging into your account, or accepting notifications, you agree to receive personalized Terrasale deals each day. You may unsubscribe at any time.
1. About the Site
In addition, the Site also provides a platform through which you can purchase products from Terrasale (“Products”) and participate in other available programs.
Certain Merchant Offerings, Products, other available programs and pricing on the Site may change at any time in Terrasale’s sole discretion, without notice.
2. Ownership of the Site
3. Use of the Site
As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree that:
- You have reached the age of majority in the state or province in which you reside;
- You are able to create a binding legal obligation;
- You are not barred from receiving products or services under applicable law;
- You will not attempt to use the Site with crawlers, robots, data mining, or extraction tools or any other functionality;
- You will only make legitimate purchases that comply with the letter and spirit of the terms of the respective offers;
- You will only make purchases on the Site for your own use and enjoyment or as a gift for another person;
- You have the right to provide any and all information you submit to the Site, and all such information is accurate, true, current, and complete;
- You will update and correct information you have submitted to the Site and ensure that it is accurate at all times (out-of-date information will invalidate your account); and,
4. Access to the Site
Terrasale retains the right, at our sole discretion, to deny service or use of the Site or an account to anyone at any time and for any reason. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Site and your account accessible, the Site and/or your account may be unavailable from time to time. You understand and agree that there may be interruptions in service or events, Site access, or access to your account due to circumstances both within our control (e.g., routine maintenance) and outside of our control.
6. Your Account
You may only create and hold one account on the Site for your personal use and must register using a Promo code generated by existing user of the Site and valid credit card. You are responsible for updating and correcting information you have submitted to create or maintain your account. As part of your account settings, you have the option to: (a) save, edit, or delete your personal information, including, without limitation, a valid credit card; and (b) opt-out of persistent login. You understand and agree that Terrasale shall have no responsibility for any incident arising out of, or related to, your account settings. You must safeguard your password and supervise the use of your account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and maintaining settings that reflect your preferences. We will assume that anyone using the Site or transacting through your account is you. You agree that you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your account.
The Site may permit you to make purchases without an account or without logging in to your account. If you make a purchase in this manner, we will create an account for you based on the information provided to us in connection with the transaction (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, and other transaction information).
7. Your Conduct
- Submitting any content to the Site that:
- Violates applicable laws (including, without limitation, intellectual property laws, laws relating to rights of privacy and rights of publicity, and laws related to defamation);
- Contains personal information, except when we expressly ask you to provide such information;
- Contains viruses or malware;
- Offers unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted, confidential, or private information;
- Has the effect of impersonating others;
- Contains messages by non-spokesperson employees of Terrasale purporting to speak on behalf of Terrasale or provides confidential information concerning Terrasale;
- Contains chain letters of any kind;
- Is purposely inaccurate, commits fraud, or falsifies information in connection with your Terrasale account or to create multiple Terrasale accounts; or
- Is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
- Attempting to do or actually doing any of the following:
- Accessing data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Scanning or monitoring the Site for data gathering purposes in an effort to track sales, usage, aggregate offering information, pricing information, or similar data;
- Scanning or testing the security or configuration of the Site or breaching security or authentication measures; or
- Interfering with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or attempting to overload, “flood,” “spam,” “mail bomb,” or “crash” the Site.
- Using any of the following:
- Frames, framing techniques, or framing technology to enclose any content included on the Site without our express written permission;
- Any Site content, including, without limitation, User Content (defined below), in any meta tags or any other “hidden text” techniques or technologies without our express written permission;
- The Site or any of its contents to advertise or solicit, for any commercial, political, or religious purpose or to compete, directly or indirectly, with Terrasale; or
- The Site or any of its resources to solicit consumers, Merchants, or other third-parties to become users or partners of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with Terrasale luding, without limitation, aggregating current or previously offered deals.
- Collecting any of the following:
- Content from the Site, including, without limitation, in connection with current or previously offered deals, and featuring such content to consumers in any manner that diverts traffic from the Site without our express written permission; or
- Personal Information (defined in our Privacy Statement), User Content (defined in Section 12 below), or content of any consumers or Merchants.
- Engaging in any of the following:
- Tampering or interfering with the proper functioning of any part, page, or area of the Site or any functions or services provided by Terrasale;
- Taking any action that places excessive demand on our services or imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other portion of our infrastructure (as determined in our sole discretion);
- Reselling or repurposing your access to the Site or any purchases made through the Site;
- Accessing, monitoring, or copying any content from the Site using any “robot,” “spider,” “scraper,” or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violating the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypassing or circumventing other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- Aggregating any current or previously-offered deals or content or other information from the Site (whether using links or other technical means or physical records associated with purchases made through the Site) with material from other sites or on a secondary site without our express written permission;
- Deep-linking to any portion of the Site (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any Voucher) without our express written permission;
- Hyperlinking to the Site from any other website without our initial and ongoing consent; or
- Acting illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of Terrasale, our Merchants, or our services.
8. Your Privacy
9. Terms of Sale
10. Special Programs
11. Copyright and Trademarks
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music, and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the United States. Terrasale owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, distribute, publish, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication, or commercial exploitation of the content without the express permission of Terrasale or the copyright owner is permitted. If downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission, or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, you will make independent attribution and/or make no changes in or deletion of any author attribution, trademark legend, or copyright notice. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Any violation of these restrictions may result in a copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
Other marks on the site not owned by Terrasale may be under license from the trademark owner thereof, in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of Terrasale unless otherwise stated, or may be the property of their respective owners. You may not use Terrasale's name, logos, trademarks or brands, or trademarks or brands of others on the Site without Terrasale's express permission.
12. User Content
The Site may provide registered users and visitors various opportunities to submit or post reviews, opinions, advice, ratings, discussions, comments, messages, survey responses, and other communications, as well as files, images, photographs, video, sound recordings, musical works, and any other content or material submitted or posted to the Site (collectively, "User Content") through forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms, surveys, blogs, or other communication facilities that may be offered on, through, or in connection with the Site from time to time. You may be required to have a Terrasale account to submit User Content.
In some instances and from time to time, it may be possible to modify or remove the User Content submitted or posted through your account. Terrasale makes no representations or warranties that the User Content you modify or remove will be modified or removed from the Site or elsewhere, or that the User Content will cease to appear on the Internet, in search engines, social media websites, or in any other form, media or technology.
- Public Nature of Your User Content.
- You understand and agree that User Content is public. Any person (whether or not a user of Terrasale’s services) may read your User Content without your knowledge. Please do not include any Personal Information in your User Content unless you wish for it to be publicly disclosed. Terrasale is not responsible for the use or disclosure of any Personal Information that you disclose in connection with User Content.
- Any User Content of any kind made by you or any third-party is made by the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not by Terrasale. Other users may post User Content that is inaccurate, misleading, or deceptive. Terrasale does not endorse and is not responsible for any User Content, and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such User Content. User Content reflects the opinions of the person submitting it and may not reflect the opinion of Terrasale. Terrasale does not control or endorse any User Content, and specifically disclaims any liability concerning or relating to your contribution of, use of, or reliance on any User Content and any actions resulting from your participation in any part of the Site, including, without limitation, any objectionable User Content.
- License Grants.
- As between you and Terrasale, you shall retain all ownership rights in and to the User Content you submit or post. However, by contributing User Content or other information on or through the Site, you grant Terrasale a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferrable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, transmit, offer for sale, and sell the User Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees and without compensation to you. You waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding the User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. Terrasale’s license in any User Content or Personal Information submitted includes, without limitation, use for promotions, advertising, marketing, market research, merchant feedback, quality control, or any other lawful purpose.
- As detailed in Section 3, contributing User Content or other information on or through the Site, is limited to individuals who are over the age of majority in the state or province in which they reside. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By contributing User Content or other content on or through the Communities, you affirm that you are over the age of majority in the state or province in which you reside. We will promptly delete User Content or other content associated with any account we obtain actual knowledge of that is associated with a registered user who is not at least the age of majority in the state or province in which he or she resides.
13. Unsolicited Ideas
We do not accept or consider, directly or through any Terrasale employee or agent, unsolicited ideas of any kind, including, without limitation, ideas or suggestions relating to new or improved products, enhancements, names or technologies, advertising and marketing campaigns, plans, or other promotions. Do not send us (or any of our employees) any unsolicited ideas, suggestions, material, images, or other work in any form (“Unsolicited Materials”). If you send us Unsolicited Materials, you understand and agree that the following terms will apply, notwithstanding any cover letter or other terms that accompany them:
- Terrasale has no obligation to review any Unsolicited Materials, nor to keep any Unsolicited Materials confidential; and
- Terrasale will own, and may use and redistribute, Unsolicited Materials for any purpose without restriction and free of any obligation to acknowledge or compensate you.
14. Infringement Reporting Procedures and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Procedures
- Infringement Reporting Procedures. If you own copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights (“IP Rights Owner”), or if you are an agent authorized to act on the IP Rights Owner’s behalf (“Authorized Agent”), and you have a good faith belief that material or products on the Site infringe the IP Rights Owner’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, and you would like to bring it to Terrasale's attention, you can report your concern(s) by submitting your complaint here.
- DMCA Procedures. Terrasale reserves the right to terminate your, or any third-party’s, right to use the Site if such use infringes the copyrights of another. Terrasale may, under appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate your, or any third-party’s, right to access to the Site, if Terrasale determines that you are, or a third-party is, a repeat infringer. If you believe that any material has been posted via the Site by any third-party in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and you would like to bring it to Terrasale's attention, you must provide Terrasale's DMCA Agent identified below with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) an identification of the copyrighted work and the location on the Site of the allegedly infringing work; (c) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (d) your name and contact information, including, without limitation, telephone number and email address; and (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The contact information for Terrasale’s DMCA Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is: Terrasale. email: [email protected].
15. Disclaimer of Warranty
AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER TERRASALE, NOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE, OR ERROR FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (A) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR (B) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF (I) THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, (II) DESCRIPTIONS OF MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, OR (III) USER CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT, USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TERRASALE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, USER CONTENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THE MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. THE WARRANTY LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION ARE NOT INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY WARRANTY PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY A MERCHANT OR BY THE APPLICABLE MANUFACTURER OF PHYSICAL PRODUCTS OR ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES BY TERRASALE THAT ARE INCLUDED IN OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS.
16. Limitation of Liability
17. Electronic Communications
When you use the Site or send emails to Terrasale, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive electronic communications related to your use of the Site. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Notices from us will be considered delivered to you and effective when sent to the email address you provide on the Site or from which you otherwise email us.
18. Websites of Others
The Site contains links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, or liability caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any content, Products, or services available on or through any such linked site or resource.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with Merchants and other users of the Site. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Terrasale from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service of a Merchant, regardless of whether such product or service is a Merchant Offering available through the Site, any action or inaction by a Merchant, including, without limitation, but not limited to any harm caused to you by action or inaction of a Merchant, a Merchant’s failure to comply with applicable law and/or failure to abide by the terms of a Merchant Offering or any other product or service purchased or obtained by you from the Merchant, and any conduct, speech or User Content, whether online or offline, of any other third-party.
20. Force Majeure
22. Entire Agreement
23. Choice of Law
24. Dispute Resolution/Arbitration Agreement
(b) No Class Action Matters. We each agree that we shall bring any Dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative proceeding or as an association. In addition, we each agree that Disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, or representative action and that the arbitrator may award relief (including injunctive relief) only on an individual basis. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these provisions.
(c) Choice of Law and Forum; No Jury Trial. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court: (i) except with respect to a qualifying claim over a Dispute in a small claims court, which you shall have the right to bring in a court of competent jurisdiction in the county in which you reside, you and Terrasale agree that any Dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in Cook County, Illinois/Northern District of Illinois; (ii) you and Terrasale irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such Disputes; and (iii) you and Terrasale agree to waive any right to a trial by jury. You and Terrasale agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law, and the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern this Dispute Agreement and any Disputes.
(d) Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Dispute Agreement, either party may bring suit in court seeking an injunction or other equitable relief arising out of or relating to the infringement of a party’s intellectual property, or any illegal or intentional act affecting the accessibility, functionality, or the security of the Site, and/or any illegal or intentional act against your interests or the general business interests of Terrasale.
(e) Severability. With the exception of Section 24(b) above, if any part of this Section 24 is ruled to be unenforceable, then the balance of this Section 24 shall remain in full effect and construed and enforced as if the portion ruled unenforceable were not contained herein. If Section 24(b) above is ruled to be unenforceable, then Section 24(a) shall be deemed unenforceable, but the rest of Section 24 shall remain in full effect.
25. Additional Disclosures
You are contracting with Terrasale. Correspondence should be directed to: Terrasale., http://www.terrasale.com/support.
26. Privacy Protection/Data handling Policy
Context and overview
Terrasale Holding OU needs to gather and use certain information about individuals.
These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards — and to comply with the law. Present public agreement is a part of general rules published on website of terrasale.com.
Why this policy exists
This data protection policy ensures Terrasale Holding OU:
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
Data protection lawThe Data Protection Act 2011 describes how organisations — including Terrasale Holding OU — must collect, handle and store personal information.
These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
The Data Protection Act is underpinned by eight important principles. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection
People, risks and responsibilities
This policy applies to:
- The head office
- All branches
- All staff and volunteers
- All contractors, suppliers and other people working on behalf of Terrasale Holding OU
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Data Protection Act 2011. This can include:
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- …plus any other information relating to individuals
Data protection risks
This policy helps to protect Terrasale Holding OU from some very real data security risks, including:
- Breaches of confidentiality. For instance, information being given out inappropriately.
- Failing to offer choice. For instance, all individuals should be free to choose how the company uses data relating to them.
- Reputational damage. For instance, the company could suffer if hackers successfully gained access to sensitive data.
Everyone who works for or with Terrasale Holding OU has some responsibility for ensuring data is collected, stored and handled appropriately.
Each team that handles personal data must ensure that it is handled and processed in line with this policy and data protection principles.
However, these people have key areas of responsibility:
- The board of directors is ultimately responsible for ensuring that Terrasale Holding OU meets its legal obligations.
- The [data protection officer], [name], is responsible for:
- Keeping the board updated about data protection responsibilities, risks and issues.
- Reviewing all data protection procedures and related policies, in line with an agreed schedule.
- Arranging data protection training and advice for the people covered by this policy.
- Handling data protection questions from staff and anyone else covered by this policy.
- Dealing with requests from individuals to see the data Terrasale Holding OU holds about them (also called ‘subject access requests’).
- Checking and approving any contracts or agreements with third parties that may handle the company’s sensitive data.
- The [IT manager], [name], is responsible for:
- Ensuring all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards.
- Performing regular checks and scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly.
- Evaluating any third-party services the company is considering using to store or process data. For instance, cloud computing services.
- The [marketing manager], [name], is responsible for:
- Approving any data protection statements attached to communications such as emails and letters.
- Addressing any data protection queries from journalists or media outlets like newspapers.
- Where necessary, working with other staff to ensure marketing initiatives abide by data protection principles.
General staff guidelines
- The only people able to access data covered by this policy should be those who need it for their work.
- Data should not be shared informally. When access to confidential information is required, employees can request it from their line managers.
- Terrasale Holding OU will provide training to all employees to help them understand their responsibilities when handling data.
- Employees should keep all data secure, by taking sensible precautions and following the guidelines below.
- In particular, strong passwords must be used and they should never be shared.
- Personal data should not be disclosed to unauthorised people, either within the company or externally.
- Data should be regularly reviewed and updated if it is found to be out of date. If no longer required, it should be deleted and disposed of.
- Employees should request help from their line manager or the data protection officer if they are unsure about any aspect of data protection.
These rules describe how and where data should be safely stored. Questions about storing data safely can be directed to the IT manager or data controller.
When data is stored on paper, it should be kept in a secure place where unauthorised people cannot see it.
These guidelines also apply to data that is usually stored electronically but has been printed out for some reason:
- When not required, the paper or files should be kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet.
- Employees should make sure paper and printouts are not left where unauthorised people could see them, like on a printer.
- Data printouts should be shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required.
When data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts:
- Data should be protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly and never shared between employees.
- If data is stored on removable media (like a CD or DVD), these should be kept locked away securely when not being used.
- Data should only be stored on designated drives and servers, and should only be uploaded to an approved cloud computing services.
- Servers containing personal data should be sited in a secure location, away from general office space.
- Data should be backed up frequently. Those backups should be tested regularly, in line with the company’s standard backup procedures.
- Data should never be saved directly to laptops or other mobile devices like tablets or smart phones.
- All servers and computers containing data should be protected by approved security software and a firewall.
Personal data is of no value to Terrasale Holding OU unless the business can make use of it. However, it is when personal data is accessed and used that it can be at the greatest risk of loss, corruption or theft:
- When working with personal data, employees should ensure the screens of their computers are always locked when left unattended.
- Personal data should not be shared informally. In particular, it should never be sent by email, as this form of communication is not secure.
- Data must be encrypted before being transferred electronically. The IT manager can explain how to send data to authorised external contacts.
- Personal data should never be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
- Employees should not save copies of personal data to their own computers. Always access and update the central copy of any data.
The law requires Terrasale Holding OU to take reasonable steps to ensure data is kept accurate and up to date.
The more important it is that the personal data is accurate, the greater the effort Terrasale Holding OU should put into ensuring its accuracy.
It is the responsibility of all employees who work with data to take reasonable steps to ensure it is kept as accurate and up to date as possible.
- Data will be held in as few places as necessary. Staff should not create any unnecessary additional data sets.
- Staff should take every opportunity to ensure data is updated. For instance, by confirming a customer’s details when they call.
- Terrasale Holding OU will make it easy for data subjects to update the information Terrasale Holding OU holds about them. For instance, via the company website.
- Data should be updated as inaccuracies are discovered. For instance, if a customer can no longer be reached on their stored telephone number, it should be removed from the database.
- It is the marketing manager’s responsibility to ensure marketing databases are checked against industry suppression files every six months.
Subject access requests
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Terrasale Holding OU are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
If an individual contacts the company requesting this information, this is called a subject access request.
Subject access requests from individuals should be made by email, addressed to the data controller at [email address]. The data controller can supply a standard request form, although individuals do not have to use this.
Individuals will be charged £10 per subject access request. The data controller will aim to provide the relevant data within 14 days.
The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
Disclosing data for other reasons
In certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject.
Under these circumstances, Terrasale Holding OU will disclose requested data. However, the data controller will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the board and from the company’s legal advisers where necessary.
Terrasale Holding OU aims to ensure that individuals are aware that their data is being processed, and that they understand:
- How the data is being used
- How to exercise their rights
To these ends, the company has a privacy statement, setting out how data relating to individuals is used by the company.
[This is available on request. A version of this statement is also available on the company’s website.]
Additional Terms and Conditions; EULAs
When you use G2A Pay services provided by G2A.COM Limited (hereinafter referred to as the "G2A Pay services provider") to make a purchase on our website, responsibility over your purchase will first be transferred to G2A.COM Limited before it is delivered to you. G2A Pay services provider assumes primary responsibility, with our assistance, for payment and payment related customer support. The terms between G2A Pay services provider and customers who utilize services of G2A Pay are governed by separate agreements and are not subject to the Terms on this website.
We and/or entities that sell products on our website by using G2A Pay services are primarily responsible for warranty, maintenance, technical or product support services for those Products. We and/or entities that sell products on our website are primarily responsible to users for any liabilities related to fulfillment of orders, and EULAs entered into by the End-User Customer. G2A Pay services provider is primarily responsible for facilitating your payment.
You are responsible for any fees, taxes or other costs associated with the purchase and delivery of your items resulting from charges imposed by your relationship with payment services providers or the duties and taxes imposed by your local customs officials or other regulatory body.
For customer service inquiries or disputes, You may contact us by email at [email protected].
Questions related to payments made through G2A Pay services provider payment should be addressed to [email protected].
Where possible, we will work with You and/or any user selling on our website, to resolve any disputes arising from your purchase.
If the Terrasale Customer has made a purchase in compliance with all the terms of the Service and the Advertiser, and the Commission has been transferred from the Advertiser to Terrasale in a pre-agreed amount, the cashback is automatically credited to the Customer’s balance on the Service. When the amount reaches a point of minimum allowed to withdraw specified at https://terrasale.com/purchases page, the Customer is entitled to withdraw this amount using any convenient payment method (the available withdrawal methods are listed on the Withdrawal page in the personal account).
Terrasale unilaterally sets the cashback rate for each Advertiser and reserves the right to change it at any time prior to the moment of crediting the cashback.
Cashback is accrued for a purchase made only if the purchase is actually completed and payment is made. Terrasale recommends that its Customers save the information and the documents confirming that they have paid for the product on the website of the online store (email or screenshot of the payment page).
NB To avoid non-crediting/rejection of cashback, it is prohibited to make numerous purchases in a short period of time from stores with a fixed cashback rate. Such actions may be perceived as fraudulent, which may entail the user being blocked. We draw Your attention to the fact that there are various situations in which the Advertiser is unable correctly to identify the order made and pay the Commission. The reasons could be computer malware or additional extensions installed in the browser. In such cases, Terrasale will not be responsible for the non-crediting of the cashback.
The Service provides and guarantees the payments only in those currencies and in the ways specified on the site. The Company is not liable for the inability to receive cashback in currencies other than those specified on the site. The Company is not liable and does not compensate any additional expenses, incl. conversion rates that could be charged when withdrawing a cashback to the account opened in a currency other than selected on the site.
Refund PolicyTerrasale reserves right to accept and satisfy refund requests in full, only in case if Client informed costumer support in term of 48 hour after payment processed to the account of the Company on page
Terrasale reserves right to accept and satisfy refund requests in full, only in case if Client informed costumer support in term of 48 hour after payment processed to the account of the Company on page https://terrasale.com/support/ (by sending message from your authorized Account in Terrasale).
If refund request delivered to costumer support after 48 hours time frame, the Company reserves right to reject such request.
Costumer support contact built-in costumer's personal account interface and available 24/7.
Clients may cancel products subscriptions, and any of services they receive from Terrasale without any limitation of time frame.
Refundable cancellation available for all clients in time frame aforesaid in Refund Policy.
All cancellation requests shall be sent to costumer support through aforementioned in "Refund Policy" way.
Our terms and conditions of delivery shall be exclusively valid; we shall not recognise any conflicting terms and conditions or those, which deviate from our own unless we have explicitly agreed to them in writing. Our terms and conditions of delivery shall be valid even if we make deliveries in the knowledge of other customer conditions that deviate from our own.
All the products and/or services, available on the website and placed by user of the web site (company individual) is a subject to Delivery Policy of provider of service and or product.
All the products and/or services published by Terrasale delivered right after payment processed. Cancellations and refunds made in accordance with policies said above.
how to buy:
- Prior to purchase any product/service on the website of Terrasale Holding OU (terrasale.com) any costumer to be shall receive invitation form one of existing customers of the web-site.
- Customer which received the invitation/referral code such shall pass through registration process of own account.
- In case if clauses a. and b. fulfilled to make purchase customer shall login into the account, pick product/service such would like to purchase and pass through further instructions which is:
- Click on the bucket
- Click Purchase
- Fill-in own credit/debit card data
- In case if issuing bank requires confirmation on it’s side and Customer being redirected to the bank’s page to confirm purchase, Customer shall confirm it in case if Customer agrees to proceed with purchase and wait until Customer being redirected to the merchant’s page back.
How to use:
- Prior to use any product/service placed on website Customer shall pass steps described hereinabove in article 1. “How to buy”.
- In case if Customer passed steps described hereinabove in article 1. “How to buy”. Customer may use received service/product buy following the follow steps:
- See automatically sent email containing additional instructions, promo-code/s
- Go to merchant website and receive service/s / product/s purchased on the website of terrasale.com